vodka STORMRAGE

A few side questions for Streams

A few side questions for Streams

Postby Grawpp » September 23rd, 2011, 1:43 am

Hey Killars i have two questions, if you have spare time to answer them it will be much appreciated.

1) Like in one of the posts Xsplit will either pick up your mic like Skype with no push to talk or not at all in vent when you talk, so how do i get around making it hear my voice and replaying it through vent to xsplit?
- Downloaded the Virtual Audio Cable.
- Set the Setting to That in Xplit
- Opened a new copy of vent set that as my output
- And people still cant hear me through vent (being a raid leader, that's where most of the vent talking comes from)

2) The way your iTunes is setup, is very cool.
- is it the way you set the layers in xsplit to make it do that?
- iTunes setting?
- Or extra program fora remote?

Again thanks for you're time in advance if you get to answer these.
Grawpp
Registered

Re: A few side questions for Streams

Postby Killars » September 23rd, 2011, 3:11 am

The way I have everything set up is like yours. The drawback to my settings is if I want to broadcast myself speaking through vent I run into the issue with actually having to hear myself talk as I'm talking if I still want to hear my music or anything else coming directly to my default soundcard.

I have both my Windows default Mic and Soundcard set to the VAC Line 1. I use the Audio Repeater software included in VAC to repeat all the sound going into the Line 1 to also come out to me. So essentially everything I hear my stream hears. So using this logic I set up a 2nd vent to play through the VAC Line 1. Obviously I mute the mic on that vent and I mute the sound on my 1st vent so I don't hear everyone else 2x.

I have my xsplit mic settings set up to broadcast VAC Line 1 and I mute my the other source which would normally be what I hear. Seems like it should be working for you, but I've just told you every detail as to what I do in terms of vent/mic.

As for my Itunes I simply use the compact* mode which is access by holding Shift+Ctrl+M. Now because I have a second monitor I set my Itunes to be in the corner of the monitor that isn't my WoW screen. I embed that screen region and adjust it as I see fit. While I'm playing I have nothing but my game on my main screen and only the streamers see the text going across and the Itunes in the top left.

GLHF

-Killars
Killars
vodka Member

Postby Grawpp » September 23rd, 2011, 9:51 am

Thanks for the quick reply, VERY much appreciated!!!
Grawpp
Registered

Postby xpressmedcare » October 6th, 2011, 8:32 am

Thanks for sharing the post. I was also searching for same.
xpressmedcare
Registered

Return to Media